Financial Management and Administration Specialist - GIZ- Internal/External Vacancy in Djibouti
Financial Management and Administration Specialist - Djibouti
GIZ- Internal/External Vacancy Announcement #195/2023
Strengthening IGAD Capacities in Drought Resilience )SCIDA III Project
The regional programme SCIDA III supports the objectives of the Intergovernmental Authority on Development (IGAD) and its member states on the Horn of Africa.
As a regional organisation, IGAD has the mandate to support and harmonise regional and national policies, and support regional dialogue towards cross-border cooperation. Since arid and semi-aride areas compose about 70% of the IGAD-Region and large parts of the population live as patoralist, drought resilience, climate change adaption and food security are verz important topics.
The regional project, Strengthening the capacities of IGAD towards drought resilience at the Horn or Africa is hence supporting IGAD in this area.
Duration of Contract: 31.03.2026
Application deadline: 25.11.2023
Place of Work: Djibouti
The Finance and Admin specialist is responsible for
- providing financial and accounting services for the programme
- provide administrative services where needed
- Providing assistance to ensure that financial and administrative regulations are complied with.
- Supports the budgeting, settlement and disbursement of financial agreements
- Trains partner organisations in the financial management of financial agreements
- is responsible for filing documents in reference files or in DMS in line with GIZ’s filing rules.
- helps prepare project budget planning.
- helps monitor expenses in accordance with the budget.
- supports with financial management, such as cash withdrawals, keeping the cashbook, bank accounts, preparing and entering vouchers.
- Supports with carrying out spot checks of the cash and bank book
- checks requests for funds before release.
- Supports internal control on the process of project
- Supports cluster finance manager in Onsite Operations
- Supports in the establishment of the financial reports in accordance with the EU and BMZ regulations
- Liaises with the finance managers in other country offices for regional project implementation
- Perform any other duties as deemed necessary by superior/s
Required qualifications, competences, and experience
- MA in business administration, accounting, finance or similar subject
- A minimum of Five years of experience in a regional project
- Good knowledge of GIZ digital tools WinPACCS is an advantage
- Good knowledge of EU processes and regulations
- Working experience with regional organisations like IGAD is an advantage
- Fluent English language skills, French and German an advantage
Interested and qualified candidates shall submit their motivation letter along with their recent CV Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please make sure you mention the Vacancy Number ‘Fin. and Admin Specialist_ DJ #195/2023_Your full name' in the subject line of your email application. Due to large number of applications, we categorise applications with the vacancy numbers.
Applications without vacancy numbers in subject lines might not be categorized in the appropriate folder and could be disqualified.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
We encourage persons with disabilities to apply for the position. In case of equal qualification, persons with disabilities will be given preference.
Applications from qualified women are encouraged.